Wednesday, June 8, 2011
I went shopping the other day at the dollar store near our house. While I was there I picked up these t-shirts for the grandsons. I found these 5 t-shirts, each for $1. They are all plain except for the one camouflage t-shirt. I washed and dried the shirts. There are 3 larger shirts for the older grandson, and 2 smaller shirts for the younger grandson.
After having them a few days and letting it mull around in my head for a bit, I came up with an idea for one of the shirts. So, I got busy with my Silhouette program.
After cutting the iron on Heat Transfer Material I pulled the excess away.
Then I cut the cars into their own pieces.
Then I pulled out all the pesky little pieces in the wheels etc. My husband helped me to decide in which order the cars should be in.
Then I ironed them on.
I made "Choo-Choo" the 'smoke' of the train engine.
When I got to under the left sleeve of the t-shirt I put a folded up towel in the t-shirt.
And finished ironing the train cars on around the body of the t-shirt then I put the towel into the sleeve and decided where I would iron on the "Engineer". I decided most of the word should be in the front half of the sleeve:
Ta-Da! The finished shirt... (front)
(left side / back)
This is under the right sleeve and shows how much space is between the caboose and the engine (back / right side):
I LOVE it!
If you liked this shirt stop by the others I've done by clicking on these links or by going "home" and looking for T-Shirt under the "Labels" section. Thank you!
andPin It Now!