Jim also discovered that I could make pillows with two different sides so that I could have matching or not matching, too. So instead of two pillows with one pillow combination. I have 2 pillows with 3 pillow combinations for about $7 a pillow. (Sometimes, husbands can be very creative, too.)
4 napkins (2 sets of matching) (I bought mine at World market for $2.99 each)
1 roll of hem tape (I bought hem tape for heavy fabric at Michaels for $2.79 for 8 yards).
2 pairs of hands (you need two people to stuff the pillow and to hold it down for ironing final edge)
2 standard square sofa pillows
needle and thread
1. Iron napkins flat to remove any fold lines (You may need to pre-wash first if hem tape test won't adhere.)
2. Check placement of front to backs if creating matching pillows
3. Put wrong sides of two napkins together and place hem tape at the very edge between the two.
4. Follow ironing directions on hem tape package and iron one side together
5. Iron 2 more sides together
6. Stuff pillow into the three sided sealed napkin cover
7. Seal last edge with hem tape (you may have to whip stitch 2-4 inches like I did if the hem tape doesn't seal all the way)
8. Place pillows on sofa and enjoy